Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Going on 18 Weeks!

Cravings: Bagels and cream cheese!!! Chips and mango salsa. 
Sad Things:Worried about my car breaking down. It's a 1997 Lincoln Towncar. I love it but it's getting old and every day brings a new problem. Yesterday, Woody filled up the tank with super premium gas on accident, $72 later we're now worried the car will kick the can, since it always seems to happen when one invests money in something like nice gas or oil ;)
Weight Gain: Still no weight gain. Had an OB appointment yesterday and they were fine with it, genetics-wise my pregnancy genes are gold so they told me not to complain. I just need to increase my caloric intake and eat food with more sustenance. I've been on a fruit kick and it doesn't have enough calories to gain weight, even thought it can be filling. Changing my diet has been really hard.
Aches & Pains: Lower back has been killing me, still. I've had quite a bit of nausea and vomiting, unfortunately, so yesterday I was given a prescription for Zofran to help. Thank God!
Movement: LOTS OF BUTTERFLIES! At times, it feels like a hummingbird is living in my uterus. When I lay down, relax and concentrate, I can feel s/he doing somersaults. It's so cool. :) Yesterday afternoon my Mom took her high power stethoscope to listen to the heart beat and she felt the movements on the outside. We both exclaimed at the same time, I didn't think anyone else could feel it. It was really exciting.
Sleep: Sleep has been off and on. I still feel tired when I wake up and I want to sleep all day. Sometimes I do, when I can.
Gender: Have my ultrasound appt for April 26th. My intuition still says it's a boy, but I've also been mentally preparing for a girl. I'm having a bit of a name dilemma for a girl. I love the name Darla, but some family feel that it reminds them too much of The Little Rascals and they can't take it seriously. I'm really trying not to focus on their opinion too much, but I know I need to consider their critiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment